Building a collection means being able to keep a watchful eye on major auctions around the world. Unfortunately this requires time which the majority of collectors do not have. Auction representation is one of the key areas that Shanna Schmidt offers to clients. Currently she attends primarily U.S. and European auctions, however, future visits to Asia and their burgeoning numismatic market may include such auctions.
Auction representation services:
- Pre-auction recommendations on coin selection and bid levels
- In-depth research on customer selected lots
- On location viewing of coins and post viewing notes
- Live auction bidding and real-time correspondence
Collection of winning lots, payments to auction houses and final shipment
Auction representation typically requires little or no investment from customers. Despite excellent coin photography, viewing is essential in the auction process.
You need to add your coin collection to your insurance or your grandfather passed and left his collection to you and you are uncertain what the real value is. Whatever the reason, appraisals can be very important.
My appraisal services are catered to what works best for you. I am able to appraise large collections (generally 100 to several thousand or more coins) or small collections.
(depending on the needs of the client)
- Detailed descriptions and grades of each coin if required
- Photography of individual coins if required
- Travel to residence, bank or office to view collection
- Email copy and paper copy made available
Appraisal services cost $150/hour.
Collectors at some point consider long term options for their collections, eitherdonation to an institution or selling in an auction. When that time comes there are a myriad of options available and it can be overwhelming and confusing to know what option is best. I can guide you to find the best route for sale or donation of your collection.
- Overview and appraisal of collection
- Calculation of estimated prices for auction or for valuation
- Negotiation with auction firms for best possible pricing
- Point person for any questions regarding the collection
Fees are based on how large or small the collection is and can be negotiated.